SSMMS Non-Woven Fabric:
The uses of non-woven fabric keep increasing due to its versatile range of applications. Most importantly, it is now being utilized to replace the traditional fabric in many applications. This is because non-woven fabric is easy and cheap to manufacture; that is why non-woven fabric manufacturers are having a hard time keeping up with the ever-increasing demand for non-woven fabric.
Table of Contents
But this increase in consumption of non-woven fabric has produced a gap in supply and demand; this has made room for the new and inexperienced entrants to make their place in this industry.
They are producing sub-par quality non-woven fabric, which fails to serve the intended purpose it is used for. This is why purchasing from experienced and incumbent non-woven fabric manufacturers is better. So avoid cheaply available non-woven fabric and opt only for non-woven fabric factories, suppliers, or manufacturers that have been in business for a fair amount of time.
The wide range of non-woven fabrics includes a large variety. Among them, one name is SSMMS non-woven fabric, a highly popular fabric in high demand these days. Though available as a single-layered fabric. Its original composition is of five different layers. The basic composition of SSMMS non-woven fabric is as follows:
- The first layer consists of Spunbond non-woven fabric.
- The second layer also comprises Spunbond non-woven fabric.
- The third layer is of Meltblown non-woven fabric.
- The fourth layer also consists of Meltblown non-woven fabric.
- The fifth and final layer is again made of Spunbond non-woven fabric.
The five layers combine to form a single-layered, SSMMS non-woven fabric. Due to the increased number of layers, the fabric is quite strong and serves various functions in different industries, primarily medical. All the layers of the SSMMS non-woven fabric are combined by either thermal, mechanical, or chemical means, which allow for it to emerge as a single-layered fabric.
Benefits of SSMMS Fabric
Among the numerous benefits SSMMS non-woven fabric provides, some are:
- Acoustic insulation.
- Low-pressure drop.
- Resistance against wear and tear.
The fabric is used to manufacture a number of products that are used in the medical and hygiene industry, this includes:
- The uses of SSMMS non-woven fabric for making feminine care products.
- The uses of SSMMS non-woven fabric for making baby and adult diapers.
- SSMMS non-woven fabric is used to make medical and protective gowns and coveralls for medical or industrial purposes.
- The uses of SSMMS non-woven fabric for making facial masks. Due to the recent ensuing pandemic of COVID-19, the demand for facial and surgical masks is at an all-time high.
- The uses of SSMMS non-woven fabric for making of disposable hospital wearables.
The fabric possesses unique properties, which include:
- SSMMS non-woven fabric possesses a strong and uniform structure.
- Since SSMMS is made with multiple layers of Spunbond and Meltblown non-woven fabric, it has a unique balance of strength and softness which makes it comfortable and reliable at the same time.
- SSMMS has excellent barrier properties against particles and liquids, perfect for hospital protective wearables or industrial clean rooms.
- SSMMS can also be treated to develop a number of properties, including antistatic properties, antiseptic and skincare properties, hydrophilicity, etc.
- SSMMS non-woven fabric can be treated to become extra soft and comfortable. This is popular when it is used for making diapers and women’s sanitary products.
- It can be treated to provide UV protection as well.
- It has a basic weight as low as 8gsm and as high as 80gsm.
- SSMMS fabric is available in different colors.
SSMMS is resistant to sweat, blood, and saliva, making it suitable for many medical or hospital-based applications. The usual composition of SSMMS non-woven fabric is pp (polypropylene). SSMMS is a high-performing medical fabric that is used for the production of a number of medical and personal fabric-based items, including:
- Medical face masks (for hospital and general use, especially amidst the current COVID-19 pandemic, when wearing a facial mask is compulsory).
- Disposable shoe covers (for medical and industrial applications).
- Disposable caps (for medical and industrial applications).
- Pillow covers/bags (for hospitals, the hospitality industry/hotels, and motels).
- Disposable underwear and diapers.
- Non-woven protective clothing.
- Non-woven disposable bedsheets.
- Medical and protective wrapping.
- Non-woven sleeves.
- Non-woven disposable bouffant caps.
Since SSMMS non-woven fabric is breathable, has high tensile strength, is bio-degradable, eco-friendly, and non-toxic; it is seen as a green replacement for many materials (like plastics) that can be hazardous to our environment. The fabric is regarded as strong and durable due to its high tensile strength, which means it is superior to many of its predecessors. It has good air permeability and strong resistance against dust and mites. It can also be treated to become heat resistant and provides insulation against heat and high temperatures.
The better the quality of the raw ingredients, the better the production of constituent fabrics will be. And better the quality of constituent fabrics, the better the quality of SSMMS non-woven fabric. This is why experienced professionals advise only to opt for professional non-woven fabric manufacturers with ample experience in this industry and are known to provide the good quality non-woven fabric.
SSMMS non-woven fabric offers a number of unique properties along with good tensile strength that makes it suitable for a number of applications besides the ones in the medical industry. The additional layers make it stronger and the entire structure more compact. Hence it can serve a wide range of purposes that other members of its family can’t. The increased hydrophobic properties due to triple layers of Spunbond non-woven fabric and double layers of Meltblown non-woven fabric make it suitable for various applications. SSMMS remains unparalleled in its application in a wide range of industries.